Halloween Costume Contest winners go all out

Back to Article
Back to Article

J-Mars used car lot crew wins first in high school.

The annual Halloween Costume Contest was held on Friday, October 27, 2017. Grades Pre-K through 12th grade and faculty participated in this event.  

The contest is a very special tradition to our school that everyone looks forward too. Coach Blake Wallace, a new coach and teacher this year said, “I thought it was crazy, but it was good-crazy though, you guys take it very serious, I had tons of fun”.  

The elementary costumes were remarkable. The first-place winners included in Pre-K Connoly Cranford as the Tin Man with his sidekick the Scarecrow, his little brother Colston; first graders, Amy Gradberg and Sophie Molitor, dressed up as beautiful Southern Belles; in second grade the voodoo doll won first place worn by Camille Anderson; in third grade the mariachi band – Brooks Beard,  Caden Young, and Bradley Cope were the winners. 

The first-place winners in upper elementary included fourth grader, Jerimiah Price, as the old women; fifth graders Addison Rowe, Shawn Ritter, Avery Griffen, Blair Cope, and Cole Campbell won first with their air bag costumes; and in sixth grade Dannon Lustig and Keeghan Roberts won with their Back to The Future Costumes. 

Even the junior high and high school students did an extraordinary job with their costumes. The junior high first place costume winner was the old women worn by Brady Balfanz. In the high school portion of the contest J-mars used cars lot group won first place. This creative costume group idea was worn by Johnathan Martin, Landon Odom, Cason Daniels, Collin Coleman, Kenneth Andrews, and Landon Sides. 

The teachers love to dress up and participate as well. Tina Tate, school aid, dressed up as a spooky, cute scarecrow and won first place for the faculty.  Another crowd favorite was the hospital group which consisted of coaches, Tamika Hubbard, Rebekah Rodgers, and Christy Griffin.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and shoes