Spooky Times at Gary School

Fall Festival Saturday, Oct. 26

Back to Article
Back to Article

Spooky Times at Gary School

Sarolyn Musick, Staff Writer

When it’s Halloween time in Gary, everyone is entitled to two things: spooky fun and a good time at the Fall Festival!

The annual Fall Festival Is held at Gary High School on the weekend before Halloween. With family friendly entertainment,  there is surely fun fall activities  for everyone at the festival. King and Queen’s court will begin at 5:00, with the Spook Costume Contest immediately following. Bingo in the Ag Shop, the Game Room in the gym, Haunted Trail at the sports complex, and Cakewalk in the media center will also follow suit, opening after the crowning of the Fall Festival King and Queen. Of course, the concession stand will be open for everyone to enjoy.

Each class from 7th – 12th grade has the opportunity to raise money for class expenses like prom, graduation, and senior trip. The class that raises the most money has their representatives crowned King and Queen. “I remember I won Fall Festival Queen in fifth grade!” said elementary teacher Glenda Clabaugh. “Emmitt Harvey was my escort. It’s still a memory I cherish.”

The Fall Festival has been a tradition at Gary ISD for decades, meaning there are loads of good times rooted in the carnival. The Bingo room has always been known for excellent prizes and reputation for folks playing sometimes until after 2:00 in the morning.

When asked what was his favorite time surrounding the festival, junior Ty Ransom answered, “My favorite memory of the carnival is from the year I won a bunch of prizes in bingo when my sister, Colby, was a senior. We must have played bingo well past midnight that year.”

Be sure to come out to the Gary Fall Festival Saturday, Oct. 26 for loads of spooky fun!

{“source”:”editor”,”effects_tried”:0,”photos_added”:0,”origin”:”gallery”,”total_effects_actions”:0,”remix_data”:[],”tools_used”:{“tilt_shift”:0,”resize”:0,”adjust”:0,”curves”:0,”motion”:0,”perspective”:0,”clone”:0,”crop”:0,”enhance”:0,”selection”:0,”free_crop”:0,”flip_rotate”:0,”shape_crop”:0,”stretch”:0},”total_draw_actions”:0,”total_editor_actions”:{“border”:0,”frame”:0,”mask”:0,”lensflare”:0,”clipart”:0,”text”:0,”square_fit”:0,”shape_mask”:0,”callout”:0},”source_sid”:”4C3950BE-E818-4FA5-B791-E019200E293E_1570884158028″,”total_editor_time”:202,”total_draw_time”:0,”effects_applied”:0,”uid”:”4C3950BE-E818-4FA5-B791-E019200E293E_1570884158018″,”total_effects_time”:0,”brushes_used”:0,”height”:1135,”layers_used”:0,”width”:640,”subsource”:”done_button”}